Colorado Spring for the last 22 years
2. Why CSG?
I had just finished school and needed a job. I figured since I had started skiing when I was 3 and love the outdoors I would try getting a job at CSG. I’m glad I did. I very much like working with my associates.
3. Favorite recreation location/ski or golf resort
A-Basin. There is nothing better than grilling in the parking lot on a good ski day.
4. What unique perspective do you offer to your customers?
I’m thorough. I make sure that when the customer gets to the mountain they won’t need to buy anything else.
5. What do your customers like most about you?
I think they like me because I’m a nice guy. But if I don’t think a product is right for someone I’ll let them know.
6. Describe a memorable situation in which you really had an impact on a customer
A lady came in with boots she had purchased at another shop. The other location wouldn’t take them back because she had owned them for a year. She came to me looking to purchase a new pair of boots but didn’t have a whole lot of money. Instead of selling her a new pair of boots I worked on the ones she had for free. One week later she came back in saying that they no longer hurt her feet and they are the best boots she has ever owned thanks to me fixing them. She then purchased some new socks and a better pair of gloves with the money she had saved for new boots.
7. Favorite sporting event
I’m a big fan of the Winter X Games.
8. Most memorable moment skiing/golfing?
Watching my friend crash on a fantastic powder day at A-basin. His skis must have
shot 25 feet into the air.
9. Favorite piece of equipment
I’m a big fan of my Rossignol Scratch 140s.
10. Favorite accessory or gadget
My ¾ cork Superfeet. I’m a big fan of comfort.
11. Best gift at CSG under $50
Skullcandy Headphones. (I prefer the Full Metal Jackets).
12. Best equipment selection advice
Buy what feels good not what looks good.
13. What do you carry in your ski jacket/golf bag
I typically carry tissues, sunscreen, gum, my cell phone, and the occasional Nature Valley Granola Bar.
14. Best ski day/golf outing snack/meal
Hot Dogs and Hamburgers cooked on a grill in the A-Basin parking lot.
15. What’s on your play list?
Everything except country. There is a lot of Punk and Alternative with a splash of rock, reggae, and hip hop.
16. Favorite sports team
I don’t really like team sports. If I had to pick one though it would be between the Broncos, the Rockies, or the Purple Cobras from the movie Dodge ball.
17. Where is the coolest place you have ever been?
I’ve been quite a few places but my favorite would be Mazatlan, Mexico. I really like the Mexican culture.
18. Name your top three non-ski/golf activities
It’s a toss up between Hiking, Biking, Camping, and Eating, Drinking, Sleeping.
19. Where can you usually be found?
I recently purchased a house that needs some love so I spend a lot of time there fixing it up.