Grand Junction, CO
2. Why CSG?
CSG is well known as one of the best ski shops around, they have a HUGE selection as well as great benefits, and they provide amazing opportunities for their employees. I also had previous experience with SSV while working for Any Mountain in California.
3. Favorite recreation location/ski or golf resort
4. What unique perspective do you offer to your customers?
I was fortunate to grow up ski racing and my grand father helped start the ski area in my home town. Because of this I have a lot of experience being around the ski industry.
5. What do your customers like most about you?
My hope it is that I am very passionate and energetic about my job and that I listen to them.
6. Describe a memorable situation in which you really had an impact on a customer
I once had a customer who like many was very timid about the new advancements in ski technology and was nervous about which ski would be right for her. I listened to her concerns and tried to find the ski that fit her best. She had told me that she wanted something very aggressive because she was a good skier but hadn’t skied in a number of years. We decided on a ski together that met her standards and she went off on her trip. A few days later she came back into the store and broke down into tears. At first I thought I had done something wrong but then she proceeded to tell me a story about how she grew up ski racing and was forced to quit due to a serious car accident. Then she told me that she was so happy with her new skis and what it meant for her to be back on the slopes that she wanted to thank me for all my help. It was an amazing feeling to realize that I wasn’t just selling equipment but making an impact on people lives through the activities they are passionate about.
7. Favorite sporting event
8. Most memorable moment skiing/golfing?
I was selected to go backcountry skiing in Tioga Pass CA with Patagonia for 3 days. I was able to ski some amazing terrain and test a lot of really cool equipment.
9. Favorite piece of equipment
My 5 pairs of skis.
10. Favorite accessory or gadget
11. Best gift at CSG under $50
13. What do you carry in your ski jacket/golf bag
I-pod and mass amounts of candy bars for the lift
14. Best ski day/golf outing snack/meal
Bojo’s Pizza after skiing
15. What’s on your play list?
16. Favorite sports team
Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, Avs
17. Where is the coolest place you have ever been?
Yosemite National Park
18. Name your top three non-ski/golf activities
Sports, kayaking, rock climbing
19. Where can you usually be found?
When not at work I am probably in the lab at School (pretty lame).